Hello! Welcome back to our channel, guys!
We are The Curious Kiwis. Today we are in Manukau City.
In Auckland, south of Auckland. And we are going to do our first ever Adventure Lab Geocache. This is gonna be like a mix of figuring it out and actually doing it. Five stops on this Adventure Lab .. – It’s like a multi cache. Yeah! And we’re gonna walk around, find them all .. – People be like, “Oh, that is such a beautiful tree behind you! New Zealand is so pretty!” We found the prettiest spot. – Tadaaaa! A parking lot. Yay. We’re gonna go, get married to Geocaching ..
– Yeah .. Let’s go. Okay, this is where we are. We’re in Manukau and this is the Adventure Lab that we’re gonna do .. Come on! Come on .. Married to Geocaching! These are all stops here. So, yeah, let’s start! Let’s go!
– Come, lady! – What’s that, lady? – That’s gross! – Why do we always find like .. Ooooh! That smell of death though! – Pabbapapapaaa (sings McDonald’s tune) Ew, stop! – We are crossing the road. Watch out for the cars, lady! – So many cars here .. – Aaaand .. Damn it. – Okay, after this one here? – Ah, yep. Go! No, he changed his mind. – Oh, $%^! sake. – Now, hurry up! – Hey, look, people, cheap as chips! – But, you do buy a Mitsubishi for that money, though .. We’re a 110 meters away! – 110? 110. 92. – Naaah 92! CAR HONKS Yaaaaaay!
– Woohoooo! – We’re famous, lady! We’re so famous! – How many meters, woman? We’re right on it. Zero. – Oh, zero? To get married to Geocaching, plan the wedding and need .. What? This doesn’t make sense. There is a typo. To plan the wedding you need to find Something Old .. You’re going to something that has been here for a long time and can serve as your Something Old. Starting at the given coordinates, walk 40 paces approximately south-southeast along the sidewalk to arrive at your Something
Old. There is a lot of power around here, which is a good sign that you are on your way to finding the first thing you need for your wedding. – You know where South is, right? – That’s where we just came from. Yeah. Indeed. Let’s go. – Smart cookie. – What is it, lady? So, it said you don’t need your smart phone or GPS to find the coordinates for this, and I just found them. – Yeah, but we’re not gonna show them, are we?
No. – One. – Two. – Three. – Four. – Five. – Six. So, with the GPS is, to put the answers in, you have to answer this question: “What is the total of the very last two digits of the latitude, added to the very last two digits of the longitude?” We’re gonna put the answer in and head of to the next one. – Yes. Come, lady. Tadaaa, completed the first Waypoint! Woohoo! On to the next one! – One thousand meters to go. – What’s Rainbow’s end, lady? Rainbow’s end is New Zealand’s premier theme park! – No, it’s the only theme park. Yeah. And I used to work there. – It’s, eh, … – It’s like a play ground. Don’t waste your money!
– No! – How much is it to go in there? 25 bucks? No, 50 odd bucks, 60 odd bucks. – Don’t do it. – Aw, nah, that’s rude. Do it once and then do it again. – Yeah. We’ll show you their ‘amazing’ roller coaster. – It hurts your back though! It does! You wanna go to a chiropractor? Nah, go to Rainbow’s end. – “Request the free Total Turtle Power trackable”. – I already did that! – That is the definition of Rainbow’s end. – How many meters, lady? 622! – Oooh. And we walked over a mile already. – Motorway. – We are on our way to ‘the Turtle’, aye? – It’s where my lady .. .. got my degree in Business Administration! Ha! – Shall we cross here, lady?
Yeah! – Well, we are the ..
Wooo! – Whoa! Wooo! – This here .. smells! – We are at the turtle .. – Look at all the nice graffiti here, lady. – It’s art. Very artistic. – Dumbass! – It’s so nice, it’s so pretty. – And this is why we like to geocache outside the city. Clean, green New Zealand! – Yeah. Clean, green, very clean. Green ish! – Ah, man! That’s horrible, people. Shame on you! – Okay. So ..
Okay. So .. BOTH GIGGLE The description of the second one .. “You’re on your way to becoming married. You have many people who will want to celebrate with you.” “Some will be coming from a long distance and will need some place to stay.” “This Adventure Lab will take you to your Something New, where your out-of-town guests can stay.” You have to answer the question: “What is the name on this side of the building?” It’s six letters. And it’s this building behind us, so we’re not showing you what it is .. We’re gonna put it in and in then head all the way back. Tataaaa! We have completed Something New! – Meanwhile, in Manukau .. – Oh, is that artistic? – Oh, it’s something different than the bison tube in a tree, isn’t it! – Look, that’s nice graffiti, lady. Tadam!
– Yay! Awesome! Completed the third one! So, we came to the library. We’ve got the answer to the question we need. We needed to count a certain amount of tiles, running from north to south. We got the answer and now we’re on to Something Borrowed. Eh, no. Old, Something New, .. No, Something Blue! Something Blue.
– Something Blue! Tada! Number four complete! On to number five! – Go, lady, go! – Go, lady, go! Okay, we’re at the last one. “This is a place where you can find rings.” “Maybe these are not the kind you would want to put on your fingers, but they are rings nevertheless.” Krispy Kreeme! “You are now married to Geocaching. Remember that you need to work on this marriage.” “Each and every day you need to pay attention to Geocaching and do a few little things that are appreciated.” “You can log on to the web page, find a cache, solve a puzzle, or many more things.” “A little time invested will give you a lot in return.” “Never go to bed angry at Geocaching. DNF’s happen to everyone, even in the best of families.” – Yeah. “Don’t try to place blame. It might be Geocache’s fault or it might be your own fault.” “Forgive and forget and try to remember the love you had when you married Geocaching.” Alright, let’s answer the question. – Yes, lady. What’s the question? “What is the word on the top line of the warning sign?” And it’s nine letters. – Well, we’re not gonna show that, but we are gonna have a look .. Yeah! *20 minutes later* – The man is pissed. We are both .. P.O.’ed. – We have been here for .. 20 minutes, maybe 25 minutes?
– 20 minutes .. – We were looking for .. .. the letter (*word), on the top line of a warning sign, that was nine letters long. – There’s all, like, warning signs and warning signs, and there’s like heaps of these warning signs .. – And there’s a warning sign there with a green sign on top of it! – If you’re looking for it, it’s .. .. more to do with the doughnut shop, than you would think! – Yeah, and it’s tiny! We were literally walking away, because we were, like, hot and tired and we got other stuff to do today .. And then he said, .. “Oh, just try this ..” Tried it and it was..
– Bingo! So, yeah, that is the Adventure Lab complete. Now you can go on to the app and rate it. So, yeah! – That was .. our, .. Ehm .. That was our first ever Adventure Lab. – How was it, lady? It was .. okay. The area you walk through, is not the nicest .. – Well, especially that .. Yeah. I mean, we had fun doing this Adventure Lab. Apart for the frustration with the last question. We love the idea of Adventure Labs, from this experience, but being Manukau City .. Okay, so we’ve been to Manukau a bazillion times. We used to live basically in Manukau City. It just wasn’t fun for us, because we knew the whole area. Nothing was new, nothing is, like, exciting. There’s no fun, like, ‘historic spots’ in Manukau to go and visit, you know? But we loved the idea of the cache and the theme of it was fantastic! Like, that ‘Married to Geocaching’, that was a great theme, the story was all well thought out .. All the clues were like, yeah, great, like .. – That was perfect. That was perfectly done! .. really well thought of! Must have taken a lot of time.
So, thank you, Agazo, for putting that out! It’s just the area for us wasn’t that exciting.
– No .. But, yeah, we hope you enjoyed watching this video .. WE DID! If you did, make sure to hit that big subscribe button, down below .. Click the notification bell, so you get notified when we upload … TINGELINGELINGELING! *man scrapes throat* It’s alright. Easy .. Make sure to leave a comment down below. Let us know what you think of Adventure Lab caches. Do you like them, do you not like them? Have you had any struggles with them? Make sure to go check out our previous Brisbane Travel Vlog Geocaching videos. – We’ll put a link right there .. Head over to our Instagram channel .. Instagram channel? – We’ll put a link, right here .. *GIGGLES* Head over to our Instagram page and our Twitter .. – And, we’ll put a link, right here .. If you want to follow us even more, we have lots of great adventures to come this year! – Oh, yeah! In the works, in the planning ..
– Ooo! Oooo! Thank you very much for watching. We’ll see you next time! Byeeeee!
– Byeeeee! – Oh, dear .. – Oh, dear. – Oh, dear. – Ooh, dear .. – Ooh, dear. – Oooh, dear. And that’s just my feed .. NO! THAT ONE’S STILL GOT FOOD IN IT! Don’t you dare squash it! Don’t! *SNAP!* Oh, you sh** hole! It’s the other one. That one still has food in it. Give it to me! Oh, saved ..